Aggressive Driving Leads to Many Accidents in Texas
Aggressive Driving Leads to Many Accidents in Texas
Road rage is something that most drivers have experienced. There are those motorists who are never patient enough or seem pissed off by something. Many of these Beaumont, TX drivers are often rude through their actions and sometimes their words. While aggressive drivers are sometimes just annoying, many times, they lead to terrible accidents. That mainly happens when they do not care about other road users. They engage in speeding, overlapping and overtaking carelessly.
If you get into an accident caused by an aggressive driver and you are injured, you should sue for damages. An experienced Beaumont, TX lawyer can help you with everything you need to get justice. The best thing about such drivers is that they are reckless so finding witnesses is easy. However, you still need the best legal help that you can get just in case they deny the claims.
What Actions Are Done by Aggressive Drivers?
There are so many actions that are considered aggressive. Many people do not even know about some of them. That is why they are shocked when they get arrested. The best thing to do to avoid being identified as an aggressive driver is to follow all traffic laws. If you do this, it is unlikely that you will ever find yourself in trouble. The following are some of the acts carried out by aggressive drivers in Beaumont, TX:
- There are always those drivers who drive too close as a way to get you to give them the way. This is an illegal practice. It is also one of the major causes of many severe rear-end accidents, especially when several cars are involved.
- There are clearly marked areas where cars are allowed to overtake for some reason. However, many aggressive drivers do not have patience, so they carelessly pass around bends and corners. That often leads to terrible head-on collision crashes.
Failure to give way.
- If a car behind you or even at an intersection has the right of way, you have to yield. However, aggressive drivers never do that, which almost always ends in a car accident. If you are involved in such a crash, hire a lawyer to help you file a lawsuit and get compensation.
- Some drivers never indicate when they want to overtake. They don’t do it at intersections either and this is illegal. This confuses other drivers since they don’t know where you are heading. Such actions often cause a multi-vehicle accident which may be fatal.
Racing other cars.
- Some drivers that will never let you overtake them, so they start to race you and other vehicles. Sometimes they have other friends driving, and they turn the road into a racing track. Since they will be speeding, accidents are widespread and almost unavoidable.
Failure to obey signs.
- One of the most commonly ignored signs is the stop sign. Many people do not see the need to stop and sometimes this may lead to a terrible crash.
What Do Beaumont Car Accident Lawyers Advise You to Do When You Encounter an Aggressive Driver?
The best reaction to an aggressive driver in Beaumont, TX is no reaction. Many of them thrive on confrontation, but you may end up on the losing end. If you identify an aggressive driver, whether they are speeding or driving carelessly, you should give them the way. It is easier to get out of their way than try to correct them because chances are, they don’t care.
You can also go a step further and note their number plate. You can later report them to the authorities. This could help prevent any accidents that they may cause later.
If such a driver hits you, you should first ensure that you are safe. Contact your lawyer so he can start working on a course of action to get you compensation. Gathering proof is the most important thing here so ensure to get anything that could help.
Talk to a Texas Car Accident Attorney for Help with an Aggressive Driver Case
There is only so much you can do as a driver on Beaumont, TX roads. However, you owe it to yourself and others to be as careful as possible. If you encounter an aggressive driver who is reckless, you need to inform the authorities. If you are involved in an accident, reach out to us at Brent Coon & Associates for help.
FROM THE BLOG
Six-Vehicle Crash Kills Two on Interstate 10
A six-vehicle crash on Wednesday kills two people on Interstate Highway 10. The crash took place when a pickup truck hit vehicles stopped on the westbound lanes due to an earlier crash. According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, the crash took place at about 5 a.m. A previous crash had taken place on…
Brent W. Coon awarded America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys for Southern Texas
Brent Coon is proud to be awarded America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys for Southern Texas. The mission of America’s Top 100 LLC is to recognize qualified and accomplished professionals in various fields of practice, including Attorneys, Doctors, Dentists, Realtors, Accountants, Engineers, and Architects. The individuals awarded are chosen based on their professional experience, achievements,…
What Happens if I’m a Passenger in a Texas Car Accident?
Sometimes, it can be more difficult to be a passenger in a Texas Car Wreck than the driver. At least the driver has some control about what happens after the crash. They’ll call the police and tell them what happened. They have to file a claim against either their own insurance or the other driver’s.…