Lori K. Slocum
Lori K. Slocum
When Joined Brent Coon & Associates
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Jefferson County Young Lawyer Association
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Hardin Jefferson High School
- Bachelor of Business Administration, 2001, Lamar University
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2004, South Texas College of Law
- Texas Bar, May 2005
Admitted to Practice in US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Named Lifetime Member to Cambridge Who's Who Registry of Executives, Professionals, and Entrepreneurs, 2008-2009.
- Named top 10 best attorneys in Texas by American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2017.
- Named top 10 best attorneys in Texas by American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2019.
FROM THE BLOG
Uber and Lyft Drivers that Drive Erratic or Put You In Danger
Is it possible that while someone was “on the job,” they decide to partake in erratic or even dangerous behavior? More than a handful of people now have stories of Uber, and Lyft rides gone wrong. From street racing to kidnapping and nearly everything in between. Uber and other rideshare drivers are subject to the…
Judge Declares Mistrial in Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
In a lawsuit filed by the victim of a motorcycle accident, the judge declared a mistrial due to issues relating to the selection of jury members. No new date for retrial has been set in the case and the Presiding Superior Court Judge Kevin Brazile has stated that jurors will not be summoned for at…
Who Pays for the Damages on Electric Scooter Accidents?
Many Texans have experienced extensive injuries and damage because of Lime, Lyft scooters, Jump, Bird, and OJO. These scooter companies popped up overnight, and over the last year and a half, Texas cities have waged war. Many riders are hurt, more pedestrians are hurt, and a handful of people have died in electric scooter accidents.…