Protecting Your Credibility in a Texas Personal Injury Case
Protecting Your Credibility in a Texas Personal Injury Case
Going through a personal injury is, without a doubt, the most difficult thing. As of 2019, there were more than 33,000 fatal motor accidents in that particular year only throughout the U.S. And Texas has the highest fatalities with more than 3,000 deaths.
These stats are vital enough to assert the importance of protecting our credibility in a Texas personal injury case. Find out more about credibility and its importance in this article.
What Does Establishing Credibility Mean?
The term means to build a strong rapport so that you can get the compensation you deserve. Usually, the insurance dealing with your claims tends to attack your credibility. By doing so, they can lower ball you for a lower offer.
In addition to that, if your credibility takes a hit, there is a high chance you might not succeed in a court of law. The jury will not see you as honest, and it may go against you. Therefore, establishing credibility is equally important as providing strong evidence.
Why Is Credibility So Important in a Texas Personal Injury Case?
Establishing and maintaining strong credibility in a Texas personal injury case is essential. It will ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve. Since there is a chance that the matter can end up in court, having good credibility can help you get the judgment in your favor.
Moreover, it can assist you in getting a fair deal of compensation as insurance companies would be aware of it. They would try to settle the matter outside of court as the jury will believe that you are not withholding or falsifying any information.
If the insurance provider continues to play hardball and refuses to give a reasonable offer, the complainant may be able to get a good deal after taking legal action. Since the victim is highly likely to win, the insurance provider may believe that going to trial is a bad idea.
Factors That Can Have an Impact on Your Credibility:
There are a lot of things that can influence your credibility. Some of the things are due to the aftermath of your accident and some of the things are other factors that are related to your daily life. Your actions after the accident can have a serious effect on your credibility.
Some of the factors after your accident include:
- Your seriousness after the accident
- Going to the hospital
- Writing down the details of any pedestrians or other people involved in the crash.
Apart from these factors, other things that count into credibility are:
- Any prior arrests or a bad record of criminal history
- Your financial conditions since insurance providers can play up the fact that you are only trying to gain monetary advantage from this situation
- Interactions with other people; whether they trust you and vouch if you are honest in dealings with them or not
- Drug or alcohol addiction history
- Traffic citations you have received
All of these things can play out how your credibility will look. And that is why you will be better of hiring a professional attorney for your injury case. They can guide you in case there is anything that can negatively influence your credibility.
The Dos and Don’ts of Establishing Credibility:
There are certain things that you need to do and certain things that you need to avoid to establish credibility. By doing so, you will provide no leverage to the insurance company to hurt your credibility.
- The first thing that you need to do is go to the hospital after your crash
- Get in touch with a lawyer so that they can guide how you need to proceed with the insurance company
- Make a record of the contact details of the witnesses of the accident
- Be consistent with your story as the company can exploit the inconsistency
- Don’t post anything relating to the accident on your social media accounts
- Avoid engaging with your insurance provider and ask them to contact your lawyer; If the company still pushes, then make a brief statement, avoid going into the details
- Avoid exaggerating any of the facts or injuries; State the facts only
- Don’t disobey the doctor’s orders; The company may present this point as that you are exaggerating your injuries in front of a jury
- Avoid posting about your social life or vacation on social media as the insurance company can present it in a way to show that you are not that injured
Get Top-Notch Services for Your Injury Case:
Looking to hire a lawyer for your involvement in a Texas personal injury case? Look no further because Brent Coon & Associates are at your service. With years of experience in dealing with personal injury cases, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our satisfied clientele speaks about our top-notch services. Contact us today, and we can help you relieve your stress.
FROM THE BLOG
Is My Texas Personal Injury Severe Enough for a Lawsuit?
A Texas personal injury is a common statement for people meeting accidents on their ways. Well, accidents are not bound to happen due to road or traffic incidents; they might even occur at workplaces, and they might occur while tripping on something. There are many ways through which a person can get involved in such cases…
Corpus Christi: Teen Dies In Rollover Crash on NAS Drive
A teenager died in a rollover crash on NAS Drive on Monday, November 29, the Corpus Christi Police Department (CCPD) informed. The vehicle was being driven by a 64-year-old. The victim has been identified as 18-year-old Isabella Trevino. As per CCPD lieutenant Colby Burris, the incident occurred near Webb Street on NAS Drive a little…
BRENT COON & ASSOCIATES FILES RESTRAINING ORDERS AND LAWSUITS OVER NEDERLAND GAS LEAK: NEW DETAILS UNCOVERED AND INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATIONS INITIATED
The leak of deadly Hydrogen Sulfide gas and other dangerous chemicals at the Nederland Tank Wash resulted in vapor pouring into the atmosphere and flooding the neighborhoods with noxious and toxic fumes for almost a week now. Locals were eventually advised to either evacuate or shelter in place to reduce exposure risks. Local attorney Brent…