I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Volunteer Mediator, 2007 – 2008
FROM THE BLOG
Brent Coon & Associates raise over $25,000 for Lone Survivor Foundation
November 7, 2018 – The final tallies are in and Southeast Texas once again rose to the occasion. Attorney Brent Coon, Founder/CEO of Brent Coon and Associates law firm hosted the fifth annual Red White & Blue Golf Tournament on October 12, 2018 at Brentwood Entertainment Complex. The benefit raised over $25,000 for the Lone…
What Are the Most Significant Driving Distractions?
When talking about the causes of accidents, there are so many, and one of the most ignored is distracted driving. That is mostly because in this new age of technology, it is difficult to define what distracted driving is. As a result, many people do it without realizing it and often end up in serious…
How to Prove Mental Stress After a Beaumont Car Accident
Car accidents affect people in different ways but the physical and financial effects are most discussed. However, accidents also affect victims’ mental health especially if they were severe. It is easy to fall into depression or develop Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Unfortunately, many people still ignore the psychological effects of accidents which often mess up…