I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Texas certified mediator since 2007
- Volunteer Mediation for the Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center (DRC).
FROM THE BLOG
Preparing a Deposition with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Texas
A deposition is a really significant part of a court case as the evidence is incomplete without it. So, in every state including Texas, if you file for a personal injury case you must have your deposition prepared. However, you certainly would need assistance with that, so you can seek guidance from an experienced personal…
Tractor-Trailer Crash on I-24 In South Nashville Kills One
A 45-year-old man was reported killed in the aftermath of his car hitting the back of the tractor-trailer. The tractor-trailer crash on I-24, South Nashville, happened on Thursday, May 6. The collision reportedly took place after midnight in the eastbound lanes of I-24 at I-440. The officers said the tractor-trailer had slowed down because of…
Airbag Injuries & Defective Airbags in Texas: The Basics
Airbags are installed to protect a person by keeping the body in one place in the event of a car crash. Defective airbags in Texas can sometimes lead to physical injuries. Airbags fitted in cars have proved to help prevent serious injuries. In the majority of the cases, airbags and seatbelts tend to save lives…