I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Texas certified mediator since 2007
- Volunteer Mediation for the Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center (DRC).
FROM THE BLOG
Teen Driving Stolen Truck Crashes into School Bus
A teen driving a stolen pickup truck crashes into a school bus on Tuesday, Nov 5, 2019. The truck was being chased by the police at the time. Two adults on board the bus as well as the teen driver of the truck were injured in the crash. According to the authorities, the pickup truck…
Is it Always Your Fault if You Hit a Car from Behind?
Most people know that, if you hit a car from behind, you’re going to be held responsible. Rear-end collisions almost always end with the rear car paying damages out to the person they hit. This is because, most of the time, it’s the rear car that causes the accident. However, there are times when the…
Six-Vehicle Crash Kills Two on Interstate 10
A six-vehicle crash on Wednesday kills two people on Interstate Highway 10. The crash took place when a pickup truck hit vehicles stopped on the westbound lanes due to an earlier crash. According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, the crash took place at about 5 a.m. A previous crash had taken place on…