I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Texas certified mediator since 2007
- Volunteer Mediation for the Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center (DRC).
FROM THE BLOG
New Developments In The Harvey Addicks And Barker Reservoir Case
A decision was announced on December 17, 2019 by the Judge in reservoir litigation in the United States court of Federal Claims in Washington, DC. The decision followed a 10 day trial that was held in Houston, TX starting May 6, 2019. This was the very first trial of the first 13 “test” or “bellwether”…
Is it Worth the Money to Hire an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Texas?
When people get into a car accident, the last thing they’re really thinking about is a lawsuit. They’re worried about their car. They think about how upset their boss will be that they’re going to miss the day from work. They may worry about how they’re going to pay for the expensive ride to the…
How Does My Beaumont, TX Car Wreck Lawyer Prove Pain and Suffering?
If you get hurt in a car accident in Texas, you’ll probably suffer some injuries. Even if it’s a minor accident, that doesn’t mean you won’t get hurt. Even people involved in a fender bender can end up with whiplash or a back injury. These injuries can be very painful. You may require surgery or…