I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Texas certified mediator since 2007
- Volunteer Mediation for the Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center (DRC).
FROM THE BLOG
Who Pays for the Damages on Electric Scooter Accidents?
Many Texans have experienced extensive injuries and damage because of Lime, Lyft scooters, Jump, Bird, and OJO. These scooter companies popped up overnight, and over the last year and a half, Texas cities have waged war. Many riders are hurt, more pedestrians are hurt, and a handful of people have died in electric scooter accidents.…
Your BCA Update regarding COVID-19
The following letter is an update to BCA’s current clients in regards to COVID-19 First, we want to again thank you for entrusting your legal matter to our law firm. Over half of our lawyers have 30 years or more experience in providing first class legal services, and we are celebrating once again being…
Can a Sibling File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Unfortunately, siblings and grandparents are the two members of the “immediate” family that fall outside of the scope of who can file a wrongful death lawsuit. What happens is that in Texas, only the deceased’s children, spouse, or parents may file a wrongful death claim. These restrictions are put into place in an effort to…