I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Volunteer Mediator, 2007 – 2008
- Abilify Gambling Lawsuit
- Asbestos / Lung Cancer Attorney
- Cell Phone Brain Cancer
- Essure Lawsuits
- Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
- Hip and Knee Infection Lawsuits
- IVC Filter Lawsuits
- NFL Concussion Settlement Lawyer
- FELA - Railroad Injury Attorney
- Occupational Injury Lawyer
- Pharmaceutical Drug Lawyer
- Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
FROM THE BLOG
How Are Pain and Suffering Determined in a Car Accident in Beaumont, TX?
Car accident injuries are never easy to put up with. Besides huge expenses and financial losses, they bring about significant pain and suffering. Their victims go through traumatic experiences, which take their toll on their quality of life. The good news is that this pain and suffering is subject to compensation under Texas laws. The…
Car Accident Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in Beaumont, TX
Many car accidents in Beaumont, TX result in traumatic brain injury (TBI). The term refers to injuries involving skull fractures or penetration by foreign objects. We will take a closer look at them in this article. Until then, it is important to note that TBI victims have the right to claim compensation. The claim should…
What Should I Do if My Boss Keeps Texting Unwanted Sexual Pictures to Me?
Sexual harassment is a serious offense. There are laws in place that protect employees from being sexually harassed by their employer. The law in Beaumont, TX, prevents sexual harassment of any kind including the sending of sexual pictures via text. If you are experiencing sexual harassment at the hands of your boss or manager, you…