I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Texas certified mediator since 2007
- Volunteer Mediation for the Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center (DRC).
FROM THE BLOG
2 Year Old Child Suffers Brain Injuries In Red Light Crash
A major car accident in Harris County led to severe brain injuries to a 2-year old boy. The crash occurred very early in the morning, before 5 a.m., on Sam Houston Parkway. The boy was in one of the two vehicles involved in this red light crash, together with his father, who has also suffered…
660 more ITC Fire Cases Filed by Brent Coon & Associates
Attorneys at Brent Coon & Associates in Houston filed six hundred and sixty (660) new claims against the Intercontinental Terminals Corporation (ITC), filing in Texas State District Court late yesterday afternoon. Allegations ranging from acute respiratory injuries and personal injury damages, to lost business and wages from the closing of the shipping channel and the…
Can Someone Drive My Car if They’re Not on My Insurance?
If you’ve ever asked to borrow a friend’s car, they probably told you they would but couldn’t because you’re not on their insurance. A lot of people think that, if someone else is driving your car, they won’t be covered for an accident. This isn’t true. For the most part, insurance follows the car, not…