I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Texas certified mediator since 2007
- Volunteer Mediation for the Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center (DRC).
FROM THE BLOG
Understanding the Statute of Limitations in Texas Personal Injury Cases
How does the statute of limitation apply to a Texas personal injury case? A statute of limitation is a law that puts a time limit on your right to pursue a case or file a lawsuit. When you suffer any kind of injury or harm, you can file a case against the other party but…
Three-Vehicle Crash on Toll 49 Kills One
A woman lost her life in a three-vehicle crash on Toll 49 on the morning of Monday, March 8. It was reported to the authorities at around 9:15 a.m. According to the details shared by the Texas Department of Public Safety, the accident came about in Smith County about five miles from Tyler. It involved…
How Does Unemployment Due to A Car Accident in Texas Work?
Unemployment due to a car accident in Texas is possible, as surprising as it may sound. When someone gets into a car accident, they think about their well-being or damages to their car. They may not think about how this car will impact their job and how they will cover the expenses in that case.…