I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Texas certified mediator since 2007
- Volunteer Mediation for the Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center (DRC).
FROM THE BLOG
DUI Driver Kills Pedestrian in Houston Hit-and-Run Accident
A driver hit and killed a pedestrian in a Houston hit-and-run accident on Monday, October 26. The driver was later apprehended by the authorities and found to be under the influence of alcohol. According to the details shared by the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, the fatal pedestrian accident occurred at Westheimer and Fountain View.…
Teaching Others About Road Safety
Some drivers take it as a personal responsibility to teach others on the road about road safety. Now some drivers can and do have an obligation to teach others such as adult guardians or parents of teenagers learning to drive. Others however take it too far or an issue faced citations or slap stickers directly…
First pre-trial hearing held Monday for 530 TPC explosion-related lawsuits
Court proceedings started on Monday in the first pre-trial hearing related to the TPC Group facility explosion in Port Neches. Judge Courtney Arkeen presided over the first hearing about 10 months after the plant exploded in late November 2019. Arkeen told 12News Monday allowed lawyers on both sides to meet and talk about logistics. As…