I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Texas certified mediator since 2007
- Volunteer Mediation for the Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center (DRC).
FROM THE BLOG
Can You File an Insurance Claim Without a Police Report?
If you get into a car accident, you’re going to have to file an insurance claim. If you were at fault, you’ll have to file one against your own policy. But if the other driver was at fault, you’ll have to file a claim against his policy. This is your best way of recovering for…
Should I Call the Police for a Minor Car Accident?
Most of us have been involved in fender benders. Maybe you were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic and someone hit you from behind. Or, you nicked a car in your local grocery store parking lot. These things happen. And, if the damage is minor, it’s usually nothing more than an inconvenience. The drivers talk…
BCA files TRO against KMCO following plant explosion
Attorney Brent Coon interviewed by KPRC Channel 2 in Houston after filing a Temporary Restraining Order against KMCO. Were you affected by the Deer Park ITC fire or the KMCO explosion? Click here to and fill out the short contact form. PRESS RELEASE HEARING TODAY ON TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER AND LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST…