I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Texas certified mediator since 2007
- Volunteer Mediation for the Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center (DRC).
FROM THE BLOG
Delays in Medical Treatment for Crash Injuries Due to COVID-19 Response
COVID-19 or the novel Coronavirus drastically changed American life for a few weeks. No doubt, we’ll see the continued effect for some time to come. One of the elements to take into consideration is the handling of crash injuries during this time. Not only did the medical community struggle to handle the standard volume of…
One Killed, Pregnant Women Injured in DUI Crash
A DUI accident that took place in Philadelphia has resulted in the death of one man and serious injuries to a pregnant woman. The incident took place on the night of Wednesday, May 13. It was reported to the authorities around 9:30 p.m. According to the details shared by the authorities, the tragic crash happened…
What Happens If The Other Driver Took Off?
You hear about it on the news, but it has actually happened to you. A hit and run crash are devastating. Not only because you were in a wreck but because someone didn’t have the decency to stop. If the other driver takes off on you, then you should call for help. Contact your local…